The School of Mines campus is completely wired and residence halls have network connections. Four general-purpose computer centers are fully equipped to provide facilities for experiments in diverse areas including digital circuits, electronics and control systems.
In addition, there are special-purpose computer centers serving the fields of microprocessor development systems and analog-digital systems. Computers are also available in the Surbeck Student Center and Devereaux Library. School of Mines has 15 computer labs located throughout the campus. The student to computer ratio is 6:1.
Technology is an essential part of your education at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. We offer you:
- A TabletPC program that integrates computers into the classroom
- A secure campus wireless network
- The latest software being used in industry today
- Access to multiple computer platforms and hundreds of computers throughout campus
- 24-hour computer labs for everything from research to gaming